The temperature is cooling, the Broncos are playing, the leaves are changing, and the sweaters are coming out of storage! It must be fall! In addition to all the most wonderful things that take place in this glorious season, it also means that some delicious recipes are coming back.
Some of our favorite ways to customize traditional recipes is by adding some CBD! Warm apple cider infused with CBD is quite literally the best way to spice up a party, add some pizzazz to a tailgate, and elevate Thanksgiving. Warm apple cider is a staple during fall, and this recipe with a dash of CBD oil is our favorite fall beverage recipe.
Benefits of Elevated CBD Warm Spiced Apple Cider Recipe
There are a lot of benefits in this beverage that stem far beyond creating a relaxing atmosphere with CBD oil. Apple cider (not vinegar) is made from apples, which are an American staple. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is an old adage that has a lot of truth to it. People who consume apples regularly in the diet are at a lowered risk of cardiovascular disease, asthma, diabetes and some forms of cancer. Apples are also a rich source of antioxidants, which protect the body from issues and damage caused by free radicals.
The health benefits of apples and apple cider come from the fruit’s phytochemicals. Phenolics, flavonoids, and carotenoids from apples may play a key role in reducing instances of some chronic diseases.
Additionally, apple cider is good for:
- Improving Digestion: It is a highly alkalized substance that balances the pH of the body and aids in digestion. It can also be used for constipation or diarrhea as it balances the gut
- Weight Loss: It has been stated that some of the bacteria and acids in apple cider vinegar may help speed metabolism, however, more research is needed in this area before conclusive evidence is found.
- Body Odor: While it may sound strange that apple cider could help with body odor because it doesn’t smell great itself, it can help from the inside out on balancing pH and harmonizing the body overall.
Apples are ripe in the fall as well, making this a perfectly timed seasonal beverage! When we eat with the cycles and rhythms of nature, we are giving our bodies what they need right when they need it. There is a reason apples are ripe in the fall and oranges in the winter. Eating seasonal fruits and vegetables is just one more way we can cultivate health and balance in life.
Not only is the beverage chock-full of vitamins and good bacteria from the apples, but the addition of CBD oil really elevates it. CBD is still being tested and hasn’t been fully accepted by the FDA so there isn’t a lot we can claim in terms of cures or results for legal purposes, but here’s a list of what CBD has the potential of treating:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Crohn’s Disease
- Cardiovascular Atherosclerosis
CBD is considered a safe, non-addictive substance that shows incredible therapeutic promise. It harnesses strong anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial properties according to recent research. But perhaps where CBD has shown the most promise is its ability to treat neurological conditions like intractable epilepsy (especially in children). Just recently, the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved the first-ever cannabis-derived CBD medication, called Epidiolex, for this exact purpose.
CBD Warm Spiced Apple Cider Recipe
Now that we know how amazing and beneficial this fall beverage is going to be, let’s get into how to make it!
This simple recipe will only take about 25 minutes from start to finish and will yield about 10 servings, or 2 quarts.
Ingredients for CBD Warm Apple Cider
- 8 cups organic apple cider (not apple cider vinegar)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2-star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 tablespoons CBD oil: Depending on the concentration of CBD—you’re going for 100-200mg of CBD total. You can shoot for either 10mg or 20mg per serving. The standard dosage in a CBD edible is anywhere from 10-20mg. But you need to know your audience.
How to Make CBD Warm Spiced Apple Cider
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients (all except for the CBD Pills) and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat, give it a stir, and place the lid on to simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat, and while still on the stove, add your desired amount of CBD pills and stir them until dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture into a serving container or pour out into individual servings.
- You can add additional cinnamon sticks or weed leaves for presentation
- Sip and enjoy!
If you want to really kick it up a notch, you can add some spiced rum, whiskey, or bourbon to the CBD Warm Spiced Apple Cider. Please drink responsibly and be aware that the combination of CBD in your cocktail may have a different effect. CBD cocktails are popping up everywhere, and this is a prime time to test it out for yourself!
This beverage will be a hit at any holiday party, Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, tailgate, or block party. The fall is the perfect time to be outside with a tasty beverage (that is also super healthy!) and enjoy the company of loved ones and beautiful weather.
And while everyone is losing their minds for Pumpkin Spiced Latte flavored everything, you’ll be skipping all that sugar and giving your body and your loved ones something very beneficial for ultimate health and relaxation.